Procter & Gamble to end contract with Tiger Woods in Gillette ad campaign (Video)

By on Dec 25, 2010 in Business, United States Comments

Updated January 1, 2011 3:15 p.m.

Read Tiger Woods at 35, still golf’s biggest earner of 2010 among the list of Top 50

Procter & Gamble is set to end the multi-million dollar contract with Tiger Woods in the Gillette ad campaign, wherein the existing contract will expire on December 31, 2010, according to international news sites on Friday.

Tiger Woods, who admitted late last year of having other relationships outside his marriage with Elin Nordegren that eventually led to divorce this year, will no longer be a part of Gillette ads next year, a spokesman from the company told the news.

Woods, 34, who recently lost the title as the world’s number one golfer to Lee Westwood and never won a game since 2009, also lost other sponsors earlier including Accenture, AT&T, Pepsi, and Gatorade.

However, reports said that Nike and EA Sports will retain as sponsors of of Woods, who recently went back to his Twitter account and tries to rebuild his image.

Incidentally, Thierry Henry was also reported to have been dropped by P&G as product endorser next year, as part of its Gillette Champions marketing program which was launched in 2007.

Below is a YouTube video of the Gillette ad campaign featuring Roger Federer, Thierry Henry, and Tiger Woods, uploaded by GilletteChampions in 2008.



Spread The News!



Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Advertisement

Related News



What's On Your Mind?




Pinterest
Email