MMFF 2010 Committee announces changes for the upcoming 36th Metro Manila Film Festival

By on Nov 29, 2010 in Entertainment, Events, Movies, World Comments

Manila, Philippines – The Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) 2010 committee announced some changes for the upcoming 36th Metro Manila Film Festival, as published at Manila Bulletin on Sunday.

The announcement was made by MMFF 2010 over-all chairman himself, Atty. Francis N. Tolentino, who happens to be also the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) chairman, in a recent launching of the festival to the press at Club Filipino.

MMFF 2010 Official Logo

The first change applies to the selection of ‘Best Picture’ film where the performance on the box-office (ticket sales) is being used as the criteria.

This year, the committee said that the ‘Best Picture’ selection will depend on artistry, creativity and technical excellence, innovativeness, thematic value and global appeal, which is 70 percent, and Filipino cultural and/or historical value for the remaining 30 percent.

Meanwhile, Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF)2010 will also give tribute to independent films, in which five carefully chosen indie films will be shown at SM Megamall, one week before the actual MMFF played on December 25 (Christmas Day).

This project aims to promote quality independent films and to encourage filmmakers with limited budget, according to the MMFF chairman.

The five films include “Slow Fade” by Rommel Sales; “Nasaan si Hefte” by Jonnah Lim; “Senior Year” by Jerrold Tarog; “Rindido” by Noriel Jarito; and “Presa” by Adolf Alix, Jr.

The third and last development in this year’s MMFF concerns the board of jurors, which will now include men and women from the masses such as students, drivers, teachers, housewives, and the like, who will be joining the established MMFF jurors.

Nevertheless, eight films are included in the official entries which will be shown during the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) 2010, and will run from December 25, 2010 (Christmas Day) to January 7, 2011.



Spread The News!



Tags: , , ,

Advertisement

Related News



What's On Your Mind?




Pinterest
Email