MGM Resorts under investigation for Marcus Jordan’s party

By on Sep 1, 2010 in Basketball, Sports Comments

MGM Resorts International is now under serious investigation after Marcus Jordan tweeted last August 20 that he spent $35,000 at Haze at Aria Resort & Casino.

The 19-year old son of basketball superstar and NBA Hall of Famer Michael Jordan bragged on his Twitter account about partying at a Las Vegas Strip nightclub, the Nevada gambling regulators said Monday.

“Last night was stupid… 35K at Haze,” the youngest son of Michael Jordan said.”Totals 50K something the whole day.”

However, the tweet has been removed from the site.

Last week, Marcus Jordan told a Sports website that the tweet was a mistake and said he had talked about it to his parents.

“I didn’t mean it the way it came across,” he said. “My family and friends know the type of person I am.”

Marcus, who is a sophomore guard of University of Central Florida, was in Las Vegas for the fantasy basketball camp of his dad, Michael, along with his brother, Jeffrey, and teammate A.J. Rompza.

Nevada Gaming Control Board enforcement chief Jerry Markling said that “officials are now being examined as to whether the casino operator is really allowing minors to drink or to gamble.”

Markling added that punishments may involve verbal warnings, fines, or in extreme cases suspending an operator’s gambling license; depending on the weight of the violation.



Spread The News!



Tags: , , , ,

Advertisement

Related News



What's On Your Mind?




Pinterest
Email