Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ Ships Today, Amazon AnnouncedBy Marhgil Macuha on Nov 16, 2012 in Announcement, Business, Tablet, Technology •
“Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ ships today,” Amazon announced in a press release published online on Thursday, November 15, 2012.
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9″
Image Credit: Amazon
According to the press release, Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ is now available for $299 and can be ordered at http://www.amazon.com/kindlefirehd. It will also be available at Best Buy starting Friday, November 16, and in additional retailers such as Staples and Radio Shack in the coming weeks. Meanwhile, Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ 4G will ship next week, the press release added.
“Kindle Fire HD has been Amazon’s best-selling product worldwide since launch, and that was before we even started shipping the best tablet we’ve ever built,” Dave Limp, Vice President, Amazon Kindle, was quoted as saying in the press release. “With the holiday season upon us, we’re excited to make our $299 Kindle Fire HD 8.9” available early—we think customers are going to love web browsing, email, gaming, watching TV shows, reading magazines, and more on the large, stunning HD screen, with fast Wi-Fi and exceptional audio.”
Below are the features of the new Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ as mentioned in the press release:
- A vibrant 8.9”, 1920×1200 resolution display at 254 ppi.
- Dual antenna, dual-band Wi-Fi with MIMO technology for faster streaming and downloads.
- The latest generation TI OMAP 4470 processor and Imagination SGX544 graphics engine capable of over 12 billion floating point operations per second.
- Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio—the standard in high-end audio—available exclusively on Kindle Fire HD.
- Exceptional battery life—Kindle Fire HD 8.9” gets 10 hours of battery life.
- Front-facing HD camera for taking photos or making video calls, including a custom Skype application for free video calling from around the world.
- New Amazon-exclusive features like X-Ray for Movies, X-Ray for Textbooks, Immersion Reading, Whispersync for Voice and Whispersync for Games.
- Kindle FreeTime, a free, personalized tablet experience just for kids and exclusively available on Kindle Fire. Parents can set daily screen limits and give access to appropriate content for each child.
- World’s best content ecosystem—over 22 million movies, TV shows, songs, apps, games, books, audiobooks and magazines.
- “Buy Once, Enjoy Everywhere” with Amazon apps available on the largest number of platforms so customers can use their Amazon content on any of their devices.
- Amazon’s top-rated, world-class customer service.
Spread The News!