First Apple Computer Sold: Apple-1 Fetches $388K at Online AuctionBy Alex Jusi Madlangbayan on Jul 11, 2013 in Business, Technology •
An Apple 1 Personal Computer, one of the first computers built by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak, fetched $387,750 during Christie’s online auction on Tuesday, July 9, 2013.
Christie’s auctioned off 10 items that form part of Apple history.
The Apple-1 machine was designed by Wozniak and hand-built by Jobs in 1976.
According to reports, Apple-1 was sold to Italian collection house, Bolaffi.
Apple-1‘s original price was $666.66. The amount only include a motherboard.
Below are other historical Apple products in the Christie’s online auction.
- Translucent Macintosh SE Case, sold for $6,250
- Prototype Macintosh Portable Computer, sold for $2,500
- 20th Anniversary Macintosh, sold for $2,500
- Apple //e Computer, sold for $1,375
- Early Apple II software: Visicalc and EasyWriter
- Prototype Apple //c Computer
- Prototype Apple IIGS Computer
- Prototype Tiger Learning Center
- Apple Lisa Computer
Spread The News!