DOLE warns Pinoy job seekers about illegal recruiters for Syria

By on Oct 13, 2010 in World Comments

The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), through its secretary Rosalinda Dimapilis-Baldoz warns Pinoy job seekers about illegal recruiters and human traffickers for Syria.

The warning, as DOLE mentioned on their website yesterday, was made by the Labor secretary to Filipinos who are planning to work abroad.

“It has been reported to me by our labor attaché in Damascus, Mr. Angel Borja, that there are still Filipinos who manage to come to work in Syria but who enter that country under dubious circumstances, meaning, they go there as illegally-recruited migrants. This is most dangerous,” Baldoz said.

“The government of Syria, while it issues work permits and resident visas valid for three years and has laws and regulations covering the activities of licensed Syrian recruitment agencies, has very strict laws that put illegal workers in a disadvantage,” the secretary added.

These statements from Secretary Baldoz came in after the government agency admitted on their web post that they still have been receiving reports that some Pinoy job seekers and OFW continue to be victims of illegal recruiters, particularly job applicants for Syria.

Baldoz also said that the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in Damascus, which opened only in August last year, has been closely monitoring the entry of Filipinos who use Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, and Kuwait as jump-off point to Syria.



Spread The News!



Tags: , , ,

Advertisement

Related News



What's On Your Mind?




Pinterest
Email