Deadly backyard mushrooms: California Mushrooms poisoned Gold Age Villa residents

By on Nov 14, 2012 in United States, World Comments

Deadly backyard mushrooms in California was reportedly the source of the poisonous soup that claimed the lives of two women in Gold Age Villa.

Reports say that the caretaker at the small elder care home who prepared the soup was not aware that the mushrooms were toxic.

Authorities say that a total of four individuals were hospitalized after eating the soup on the night of Thursday, November 8, 2012.

In a statement issued by Lt. Mark Reed of the Placer County sheriff’s office, he explained that “The caretaker just didn’t know, and she went outside and picked these mushrooms and made dinner, and she ate some of it herself. It’s definitely a sad, sad thing.”

Investigation conducted by Sheriff‘s investigators pointed to the soup as the source of the poisoning.

Reports say that Gold Age Villa is a six-bed care facility in Loomis run since 2007 by Raisa Oselsky.



Spread The News!



Tags: , ,

Advertisement

Related News



What's On Your Mind?




Pinterest
Email