Dancing With The Stars All-Stars Semi-Finals Performance Recap: Celebrities dance to Michael Jackson (Video)By Angel Cuala on Nov 20, 2012 in Entertainment, Television, United States •
Updated: November 21, 2012 12:00 p.m.
The Dancing With The Stars All-Stars Week 9 (Semi-Finals) performance night was held on Monday, November 19, 2012, after Kirstie Alley and Gilles Marini, along with their dancing partners, were eliminated during the double elimination night last week. Video performances, scores, and judges’ comments are available below.
Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough on DWTS All-
Stars Week 9 (Semi-Finals) performance night
Image Credit: ABC video
As aired on ABC on Monday night, the five remaining DWTS Alll-Stars contestants performed two dance routines; the dance styles chosen by their competitors on last week’s show, and a dance tribute to the music of Michael Jackson. Two more celebrity contestants will be eliminated this coming Tuesday night, another double-elimination night.
On the first part of the show, the Dancing With The Stars Troupe danced to the tune of two of Michael Jackson‘s hit songs from his 1987 “Bad” album; “Smooth Criminal” and “The Way You Make Me Feel.” Afterwards, the five dancing couples danced to the dance routines picked for them by their opponents.
Shawn Johnson & Derek Hough received perfect scores in Round 1, while Kelly Monaco & Val Chmerkovskiy had the lowest score, 25.5/30. For Round 2, dancing pairs Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani and Apolo Anton Ohno & Karina Smirnoff had perfect scores each, while Emmitt Smith & Cheryl Burke had the lowest, 27/30.
Below is the list of the names of the DWTS All-Stars dancing pairs, according to the sequence of their performances, along with their individual and total scores from the three judges Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman, and Bruno Tonioli for their performances in the two rounds.
* Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani (Caveman Hustle): 9, 9, 9.5 (27.5/30)
* Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough (Knight Rider Bhangra): 10, 10, 10 (30/30)
* Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff (Big Topp Jazz): 8.5, 9, 9.5 (27/30)
* Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke (Espionage Lindy Hop): 9, 9, 9 (27/30)
* Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy (Surfer Flamenco): 8, 9, 8.5 (25.5/30)
* Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani (Argentine Tango – ‘Dirty Diana’): 10, 10, 10 (30/30); Total Score: 57.5/60
* Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough (Argentine Tango – ‘Bad’): 9, 10, 10 (29/30); Total Score: 59/60
* Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff (Rumba – ‘Man In The Mirror’): 10, 10, 10 (30/30); Total Score: 57/60
* Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke (Tango – ‘Leave Me Alone’): 9, 9, 9 (27/30); Total Score: 54/60
* Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy (Rumba – ‘I Just Can’t Stop Loving You’): 9.5, 9.5, 9.5 (28.5/30); Total Score: 54/60
Note: Use the page navigation buttons below to view the videos of the DWTS All-Stars contestants’ performances on Week 9 (Semi-Finals) on separate pages, along with the comments by the three judges to each dancing pair.
Dancing With The Stars Troupe, dancing to Michael Jackson’s hit songs
Video Credit: AwesomeArtistsLive/YouTube/ABC
Navigation: NextSpread The News!