Cyber Monday Ads: Amazon Tablet TV Ads Pits iPad Air vs Kindle Fire HDX (Video)By Alex Jusi Madlangbayan on Dec 3, 2013 in Business, Lifestyle, Shopping, United States •
Cyber Monday Ads
The Amazon Cyber Monday TV ads is trying to promote the new 8.9″ Kindle Fire HDX as a better Cyber Monday deal than the Apple iPad Air.
In the Cyber Monday TV ads, Amazon.com compared the two tablets and mocked the iPad Air and its designer, Jony Ive, by saying that the 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HDX is the better tablet.
Amazon.com specifically highlighted that the new Kindle Fire is lighter, has a better resolution, and even cost much less that the latest Apple tablet.
Amazon Cyber Monday TV Ads
Credit: Kindle on YouTube
Apple iPad Air – Price starts at $499
- Weight: 1 pound (469 g)
- Retina display
- 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 2048-by-1536 resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- A7 chip with 64-bit architecture and M7 motion coprocessor
Kindle Fire HDX – Price starts at $379
- 8.9″ HDX display (2560×1600) with 339 PPI and perfect color accuracy (100% sRGB)
- ultra-light design—weighing just 13.2oz, it’s 34% lighter than the previous generation
- Ultra-fast 2.2GHz quad-core processor—3x more powerful than previous generation—with 2GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU for fast, fluid gaming and video
- 8MP rear-facing camera with LED flash for high-resolution photos and 1080p HD video, plus a front-facing 720p HD camera for Skype video calls and more
Prices specified above are subject to change without prior notice from Amazon.com and Apple Store. Cyber Monday deals at Amazon.com will be a week-long sales event. For more details, visit the official Cyber Monday site of Amazon.
Spread The News!