Beef Recall 2013: National Beef recalls 50,000 pounds of ground beef due to E. coli scare (Product List)By Angel Cuala on Aug 2, 2013 in Food, Health, United States •
National Beef Packing Co. announced a beef recall due to E. coli contamination, affecting 50,100 pounds of ground beef products. The problem has been coordinated with the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS). Below is the complete product list of the affected product.
National Beef recall news flash
Credit: WPTV news video
“This recall is voluntary, and there have been no reported illnesses related to the recall. We are working closely with authorities to investigate this matter and are contacting our customers who have purchased this product.” A statement reads at NationalBeef.com this Wednesday, July 31, 2013.
According to the Kansas-based company, the recalled products were produced on July 18, 2013 with a use by/freeze by date of August 7, 2013. They were shipped in clear, 10 pound chubs to a limited number of wholesalers, and food service distributors, and retailers across the US in 40 to 60 pound cases. All of them have the establishment number “EST. 208A” inside the USDA mark of inspection.
As noted in the press release at the official website of FSIS, the food agency discovered the problem through its routine monitoring, which resulted positive for E.coli O157:H7. Further investigation revealed that National Beef Packing Co. was the only supplier of the affected meat products, and that there were no reports of illnesses related to the beef recall.
Below is the complete list of the recalled products, including their product description and product codes.
* 10 lb. chub of “National Beef” 93/ 7 Fine Ground Beef, Product Code 0707
* 10 lb. chub of “NatureSource” 80/20 Fine Ground Chuck, Product Code 7031
* 10 lb. chub of “NatureSource” 85/15 Fine Ground Beef, Product Code 7054
* 10 lb. chub of “NatureSource” 90/10 Fine Ground Beef, Product Code 7344
* 10 lb. chub of “NatureSource” 93/ 7 Fine Ground Beef, Product Code 7004
* 10 lb. chub of “NatureWell 80/20 Fine Ground Chuck, Product Code 7484
* 10 lb. chub of “NatureWell” 85/15 Fine Ground Beef, Product Code 7454
* 10 lb. chub of “NatureWell” 90/10 Fine Ground Sirloin, Product Code 7577
* 10 lb. chub of “NatureWell” 93/7 Fine Ground Beef, Product Code 7404
Last June, the same company issued a similar beef recall, affecting 22,737 pounds of raw ground beef products. For more information about their latest recall, consumers are being invited to call National Beef Packing at 1-866-761-9472 or visit their official website at www.nationalbeef.com.
Spread The News!