3-year-old Oregon girl swallows 37 Buckyball magnets, now recovering after operation (Video)

By on Mar 6, 2012 in Lifestyle, Parenting, United States Comments

A 3-year-old girl from Oregon named Payton Bushnell recently swallowed 37 Buckyball magnets, and is now recovering after doctors removed them via surgery operation, as shown in the news video below.



Payton Bushnell (left) and her X-Ray result
showing a circular object with 37 magnets

Image Credit: KPTV 12

According to US news sites on Sunday, March 4, 2012, Payton, 3 years old, mysteriously got sick but never went well was rushed to a hospital, and her parents was shocked after learning that she accidentally swallowed 37 rare earth high-powered magnets.

As noted at KPTV 12, which was believed to have first reported the news, doctors at the Randall Children’s Hospital took an X-ray on Payton‘s stomach and saw a circular object that turned out to be a bundle of magnets.

“They saw a circle had formed in her stomach, and they thought she swallowed a bracelet,” Kelli Bushnell, Payton‘s mother, was quoted telling to KPTV 12, noting that she thought her daughter only caught a stomach flu.

“If we had any idea what those magnets could have done to our daughter’s intestines I would have never had them in our house.” Kelli added, as she hopes fellow parents will learn from what happen to their toddler.

“Her mom and I prayed and hoped shed get through it. When they roll your daughter out with tubes sticking out of her, you don’t know how strong you are until all you can be, is strong.” Aaron Bushnell, the girl’s father was quoted as saying.

As of this writing, the 3-year-old girl is on its way to full recovery, with doctors advising adults to keep all small magnets and small objects or toys with magnets away from young children.


Report about Payton Bushnell, 3 years old, who swallowed 37 Buckyball magnets
Video Credit: CNN/YouTube/KPTV



Spread The News!



Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Advertisement

Related News



What's On Your Mind?




Pinterest
Email