2012 Daytime Emmy Awards winners announced, ‘General Hospital’ wins big (Complete list)By Angel Cuala on Jun 24, 2012 in Entertainment, Hollywood, Television, United States •
ABC‘s ‘General Hospital‘ won big awards for the 2012 Daytime Emmy Awards, which were announced on Saturday, June 23, 2012, which was held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles, with complete list of winners available below.
As featured at HLN on Saturday night, the 39th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards ceremony started at around 8 p.m. EST, in which ‘General Hospital‘ led the number of nominations, with 23 nominations, followed by ‘Sesame Street‘ and ‘The Young and the Restless‘ with 16 each.
Apparently, ‘General Hospital‘ won the Outstanding Drama Series award, with the show also winning the Outstanding Lead Actor award for Anthony Geary, Outstanding Supporting Actor award for Jonathan Jackson, and Outstanding Supporting Actress award for Nancy Lee Grahn.
Meanwhile, tributes were also given to recently cancelled programs such as “All My Children” and “One Life to Live”, while the Lifetime Achievement Award was awarded to “The View” executive producer Bill Geddie and was presented to him by Barbara Walters.
* Outstanding Drama Series: General Hospital, ABC
* Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Anthony Geary, as Luke Spencer (General Hospital, ABC)
* Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Heather Tom (The Bold and the Beautiful, CBS)
* Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Jonathan Jackson, as Lucky Spencer (General Hospital, ABC)
* Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Nancy Lee Grahn, as Alexis Davis (General Hospital, ABC)
* Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series: Chandler Massey, as Will Horton (Days of Our Lives, NBC)
* Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series:: Christel Khalil, as Lily Winters (The Young and the Restless)
* Outstanding Culinary Program: Bobby Flay’s Barbecue Addiction, Food Network
* Outstanding Culinary/Lifestyle Host: Sandra Lee, Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee
* Outstanding Talk Show/Entertainment: Live With Regis and Kelly
* Outstanding Talk Show/Informative: The Dr. Oz Show
* Outstanding Talk Show Host: Regis Philbin & Kelly Ripa
* Outstanding Lifestyle Program: “Cars.TV,” Cars.TV
* Outstanding Morning Program: Today, NBC
* Outstanding Legal/Courtroom Program: Last Shot with Judge Gunn, syndicated
* Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team: General Hospital, ABC
* Outstanding Game/Audience Participation Show: Jeopardy! syndicated
* Outstanding Game Show Host: Todd Newton, Family Game Night
* Outstanding Children’s Animated Program: Penguins of Madagascar, Nickelodeon
* Outstanding Performance in a Children’s Series: Kevin Clash as Elmo (Sesame Street)
* Outstanding Children’s Series (Tie): “The Electric Company,” (PBS) and “Jack Hanna’s Into the Wild,” Syndicated
* Outstanding Pre-school Children’s Series: “Sesame Street,” PBS
* Outstanding Directing In A Children’s Series: “Sesame Street,” PBS
* Outstanding Writing In A Children’s Series: “Sesame Street,” PBS
* Outstanding Directing in an Animated Program: “Penguins of Madagascar”
* Outstanding Achievement in Music Direction and Composition: “The Wonder Pets!”
* Outstanding Original Song – Children’s and Animation: “In the Happy Little Land of Hoboken Surprise,” Penguins
* Outstanding Writing in Animation: “WordGirl”
* Outstanding Casting For an Animated Series or Special: “Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness”
* Outstanding Achievement in Sound Editing – Animation: “Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness”
* Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing – Animation: “Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness”
* AOL Best Viral Video: Kids React
* Outstanding New Approaches In Daytime Entertainment: Take This Lollipop
* Lifetime Achievement Award: Bill Geddie
Spread The News!