No Classes (July 30) in Several Cities and Towns Due to Heavy RainsBy Alex Jusi Madlangbayan on Jul 30, 2012 in Announcement, Colleges, Education, Universities •
A ‘no classes today‘ announcement was made in several parts of the country. Due to heavy rains since Sunday, July 29, 2012, Philippines local government officials were forced to suspend Monday (July 30) classes as early as 10 p.m. last night, according to a DZMM radio report.
Among the affected areas include Metro Manila, Cavite, Bulacan, Laguna, Batangas and Rizal.
The Department of Education (DepEd), LGU officials and school authorities has suspended classes from preschool to college level, both public and private.
Below are some Metro Manila areas and nearby provinces where classes are suspended, based on the Twitter account of DepEd (@DepEd_PH), as of this writing. The list also include tertiary schools that officially declared no classes in their colleges and universities.
Metro Manila Areas:
- Quezon City
- San Juan
- Marikina (preschool to college)
- Muntinlupa (preschool to college)
- Taguig (pre-school to high school, plus Taguig City University)
- Makati (pre-school to college)
- Pasig (pre-school to college)
- Parañaque (pre-school to college)
- Las Piñas (pre-school to college)
- Obando, Bulacan
- Tanay, Rizal
- Cainta, Rizal
- Antipolo City, Rizal
- Rodriguez, Rizal (pre-school to college)
- Bacoor, Cavite
- Dasmariñas City, Cavite
- Carmona, Cavite.
- Kawit, Cavite (preschool to high school)
- Laguna, (preschool to high school)
- Lipa City
- Batangas City
- PUP campuses in Metro Manila
- Asia Pacific College
- National University
- City College Manila
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- UP Manila
- Centro Escolar University (all campuses)
- DLSU-St. Benilde (classes and offices)
- De La Salle University Dasmariñas (classes and offices)
- University of the East (Manila and Caloocan campuses)
- University of Sto. Tomas (all levels, offices)
- Perpetual Help College Dalta Las Piñas (preschool to high school)
- Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU) (only those below college level do not have classes)
Spread The News!