Mist of Pandaria is Officially the Fourth Expansion of Blizzard’s World of Warcraft MMORPGBy Menard Osena on Oct 22, 2011 in Desktop, Gaming, North America, Technology, United States, World •
Blizzard Entertainment Inc., makers of Warcraft, Diablo, and StarCraft game franchises announced that Mist of Pandaria is the fourth expansion of their World of Warcraft massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG).
Blizzard unraveled the news at the company’s annual BlizzCon gaming festival happening at Anaheim, California.
According to the press release posted at Blizzard official website on October 21, 2011, the new Mist of Pandaria expansion will allow players to explore the long-lost continent of Pandaria, which has remained hidden from the World of Warcraft world for over ten thousand years.
“Players have been asking to see the pandaren in World of Warcraft since the game’s launch, and we’re excited to finally be able to give them a proper re-introduction to Azeroth,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “In addition to the new playable race and class, Mists of Pandaria contains a huge amount of new content, and we’re looking forward to sharing more information about all of it at BlizzCon and beyond,” added Mr. Morhaime.
According to the same press release, game’s fourth expansion will feature the following:
- New Playable Race — Pandaren: WoW first neutral race and decide whether to side with the Alliance or the Horde.
- New Playable Class — Monk: Pandaren martial arts expert. Can do battle as a damage dealer, healer, or tank.
- Level Cap Increased to 90
- New Zones: Explore the lush Jade Forest, treacherous Kun-Lai Summit, Wandering Isle and other exotic areas of Pandaria designed for high-level characters.
- Dungeon “Challenge” Modes
- Pet Battles: Challenge other players’ companion pets with your own collection in a new tactical mini-game
- New Talent System: Customize your character to suit your play style with the newly overhauled and improved talent system.
Below is a video of World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria preview:
Video Credit: Blizzard.com and Youtube.com
Blizzard filed a trademark application two months ago, stating that they intend to use the Mists of Pandaria name in computer game software, computer game discs, interactive multimedia computer game program and other entertainment services.
Spread The News!